Skip to main content

When Imagination Spoke Louder Than Knowledge

 A dream, a quote, and an embroidery thread that changed my perspective.

The other day, I was doing what we all do from time to time—stalking someone’s Twitter account (don’t judge me, okay 😅). While scrolling, I stumbled upon this quote:

“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein


And for the first time in a long time, my inner monologue went quiet.

I wasn’t just reading the words—I was feeling them. Something about that sentence pulled me in, as if it knew it had a message for me. I stared at it longer than I usually do with quotes. I kept wondering, How can imagination possibly be more important than knowledge? Aren’t we taught to study, learn, and gather facts first?

But this time, I didn’t just move on. I let the question linger in me like a gentle whisper that wouldn't go away.

That night, the thought followed me into my dreams.
I dreamt I was showing someone my embroidery work—pieces I’ve been working on for a while. I remember telling her, “It’s still a work in progress,” as if to defend its incompleteness. She looked at it and said something that stuck with me:

“You can make embroidery for Indian cloth… mix the colors.”

At first, I didn’t understand. It felt random. But I woke up with that sentence echoing in my mind. I kept repeating it to myself all day. And that’s when it hit me—this wasn’t just a dream. It was an idea. A seed planted in my subconscious. A new way to see my embroidery.

I started experimenting with patterns and threads I never would’ve thought to mix before. It wasn’t written in a book. No one taught it to me. It came from inside—my imagination.

And that’s when the quote made sense.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.


Why?

Because knowledge is what we collect.
But imagination? Imagination is what we create.

You can gather all the knowledge in the world, but if you’re not using your imagination to bring it to life—what’s the point? Whether it’s a skill, a lesson, or an idea—if you don’t make it your own, it just sits there, unused, like a book collecting dust on a shelf.

That embroidery idea came from a mix of my knowledge (how to sew, how colors work, what materials I have) and my imagination. The dream was just the vessel. The spark. The whisper from my subconscious reminding me that creation starts with belief in your own ideas.


Here’s what I hope for you reading this:

Don’t silence your imagination. Don’t push aside your random ideas just because they don’t make sense to others at first. Sometimes, the most magical things are born from thoughts that no one else understands—until they see the result.

Imagination gives your knowledge wings.
It makes what you’ve learned yours.

So yes—learn. Study. Be curious.
But don’t forget to imagine too.
It’s not one or the other. It’s both.

That’s where the magic is.


"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
And now? I finally understand why.

🌙
With love,
Rasna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limerence: Breaking the Illusion of Obsessive Attachment

  Limerence is not love, though it wears its mask. It is not intimacy, though it promises closeness. It is not devotion, though it demands loyalty. Instead, limerence is the storm of the mind a pattern of obsessive fixation, intoxicating highs, and destabilizing lows that captivate the heart yet erode its strength. At its core, limerence is a mirror reflecting not the other, but the self’s unhealed wounds. It is the hunger for recognition projected onto another face, the yearning for validation disguised as romance. To understand limerence is to pierce the veil of illusion and confront the uncomfortable truth: the person who seems to hold our fate is merely a vessel carrying our unclaimed power. The Architecture of Limerence To dismantle limerence, one must first see its design. It is a structure built from three fragile pillars: idealization, inconsistency, and longing . Idealization paints the other with impossible colors. Their flaws fade beneath the brushstrokes of fan...

Choosing the Day Again: How Optimism Becomes a Daily Practice

There is a moment each morning when the day is still undecided. Before the chaos arrives, before expectations and interruptions claim their space, there is a brief window of choice. In that space, many people decide, sometimes consciously, sometimes by habit, that today will be better. That today will be handled differently. That they will show up with intention. And yet, it often takes very little to test that resolve. A minor disruption, a misplaced word, a sudden discomfort, something small can feel disproportionately powerful, capable of collapsing the optimism that was carefully set at the start. This is completely normal. The nervous system responds faster than logic, and emotions rise before meaning is made of them. What matters is not the interruption itself, but what follows. The Fragility and Strength of a Good Start Optimism is often misunderstood as denial, as though choosing a positive outlook requires ignoring what feels unpleasant or inconvenient. In reality, optimism is...

Detached from Your Emotions: The Power of Seeing Clearly

 Emotional detachment isn’t about coldness It’s about reclaiming your vision from illusions. There’s a truth that emerges when you stop feeding your emotions into a situation: the illusion begins to dissolve. What once felt magnetic, irresistible, or even fated starts to lose its grip when you strip it of the emotional energy you’ve been pouring into it. This is the art of emotional detachment,  not numbness, not indifference, but a deliberate act of taking your power back from a person or dynamic that thrives on your emotional investment. Why Emotions Make Things Feel More Real Emotions are the amplifiers of reality. Without them, events can pass through us like clouds, observed but not clung to. When we invest our emotional energy into someone, we magnify their presence in our minds. We create stories, symbols, and meaning around them, even if none exist in truth. This is why emotional attachment to someone, especially without mutual depth or reciprocity, can feel so consumi...